CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 17, 2008

20 Years Ago

20 years ago...
I was eleven years old (I guess I gave away my age!) I was going to start middle school at Cedar Ridge, I was terrified because all the kids I went to elementary school with were going to North Cache. I was a shy, probably nerdy, little girl who thought her life was going to be horrible! A girl who probably never gave much thought to 20 years down the road!

15 years ago...
I was sixteen years old, working at Musicland in the Cache Valley Mall with very fun people. I hung out with my friend all the time, of course we thought we were pretty awesome! We loved hanging out with the cool seniors who had just graduated, and of course we all had our eye on one or two of them! Many firsts in my life, dating, kissing, driving, being as independant as I could be. Life was great!

10 years ago...
I was 21 years old, of course I was quite grown up & very mature. lol. I worked at Lerner as an assistant manager with fun girls that I love to this day... Lori, Justiel, Ashley...I often wondered when my life would really begin, where I would end up, if I would ever fall in love like in the movies. I lived in Logan with Jaime, Kristie & Jodi. We had lots of fun, went some fun places, and tried to make the best out of life.
I then decided I needed some change, so I moved to SLC, got a job at Paymentech, lived with my best friend and sister, Heather & Carla. We had lots of fun too, but then I met Branden....

5 years ago...
I had a one year old little daughter, I worked part time at CVENT, again with ladies I will love forever! Life was good, I was married to a great guy, had a cute little baby girl. We were in a great ward, had good friends, enjoyed our families. When your just starting out married there is alot of work to do, Branden & I have enjoyed finishing our house, working in the yard. Of course there are ups & downs, but we were happy.

Yesterday...
I went to work. I am the bookkeeper, secretary, and go-to girl for Branden's business, Architectural Millwork. I work once a week, which gives me a break from my mommy job. The kids love having sitters, in the summer I hire girls in the ward. Branden & I usually go to lunch so we can count it as a date too, we went to Copper Mill & then looked at swingsets. Eli asks his daddy all the time to buy him a swingset. We have been looking forever... I think we found one that will fit in our space well... Last night we weeded the garden & mowed the lawn... we are pretty boring!

Today...
Well, Allie decided to wake up at 4:30 this morning for awhile, so we all ended up sleeping in, which is beginning to be a bad habit of all of ours! Once we got breakfast over with, gathered the dirty clothes, made beds & started picking up.... the kids had gotten the playdoh out (I hate playdoh!) were coloring pictures & already asking for something to eat! I swear it is one mess after the other!
Later, we are going to Logan, Branden is taking Eli & Maddie to buy the swingset while Allie & I go to Brigham with Grandma Pam to see Grandma Coombs who is in a rehab center recuperating from a broken leg. So hopefully all will go as planned, well gotta go, someone is crying, I hear toys flying.....

No comments: