
It's that time of year when I start to "count my blessings." I have a lot! I feel like I'm becoming more sentimental these days, I must be getting old! I look at my three kids & I thank God for the opportunity to be a mom to these wonderful, bright, healthy & beautiful children. My kids are the light in my life, they make me laugh (and cry, and yell!), they are my best friends, they know what I like & what I don't like, they are the best snugglers & give the best kisses & hugs too. Being a mom isn't always easy, actually it's really stressful & annoying at times, but those little moments when your kids say something or do something that is so sweet & pure... those moments make all the bad ones go away. I love being a mom, everyday I love it.
I love being a wife too, sometimes I wonder, but really I am very thankful for my husband. I am grateful for the man he is, for the way he cares for and is committed to me & our kids. He is fun & friendly and he has a good heart. We have had a lot of fun in our 8 1/2 years, we've also been down some rocky roads, but we've learned a lot & we make a great team!
I have the greatest family! I know you probably think you do, but really, I do! Branden & I are blessed with awesome family who loves us & supports us in everything we do. We are close with our siblings & our parents, and luckily they all live relatively close, so we are able to do a lot together. We have been able to make a lot of unforgettable memories together that we will cherish always.
The Gospel has become such a central part of my life. I really can't say that has always been the case, but fortunately I have grown up a lot & learned a lot in my years. I have had such wonderful friends & people around me who have taught me that through the Gospel comes so much peace & happiness & joy. I have a strong testimony of my Savior & I am so thankful for all he has done for me.
I am thankful for my freedoms & the privileges that we have living here in America. Although we live in a crazy world, I am so glad I live where I do, to enjoy the prosperity & liberties that we enjoy.
I am thankful for my friends. It seems these days it's hard to keep in touch like I should, but I know who my real friends are because it doesn't matter how much time has passed, we just pick up where we last left off. Friends are so important, we as women need each other to support & lift each other. I am so glad to have someone who cares about me, worries about me, wonders about what I'm doing, if I'm OK, if I need to get out or vent or laugh or cry. I am so grateful for my girlfriends, I love you guys!
I know this is really corny, but I have done a lot of self-introspection lately. Life seems to move along so fast, time just flies and sometimes I don't think I express myself well (pretty much never!) So here is a big Thank You! For being in my life, making a difference & caring.
I love you!





3 comments:
Jen, I think this is the perfect time of year to express how grateful we are. I think we take advantage of the things in our lives because of the day to day hustle. This time of year makes people stop and think about all the blessing we have in our lives. Hope you and your family have a great Thanksgiving. Lets get together soon.
Hey Jen, It's Roxanne from way back. I saw your comment on Jessica's blog and was excited to see that you have one as well. I have thought about coming and saying hi so many times when we come to visit my mom (time usually slips away too fast). It is fun to see you and your kids, they are adorable by the way. I hope you don't mind me taking a peak. Come visit us anytime at ryanandroxybrown.blogspot.com
Great post! We are all so blessed! Happy Thanksgiving!! Your husband did a good job on his talk!
Post a Comment