Allie got a baby... that is the only thing she ever asked for. She was thrilled, a bit overwhelmed, but so happy & excited. Branden built her a cradle for the baby & also a table for her tea parties. She's my little momma. Eli was so funny! Everything he opened, even underwear & socks, he would yell & say, "Cool! I love it!" I told Branden he could show a little of that enthusiasm when he opened his underwear & socks! He recently has become obsesses with football & the Steelers (no thanks to his dad!) Eli got the Steelers get up & a Leapfrog, and a Geotrax train. He was thrilled with everything & has been so excited & happy.
Madelyn got her American Girl doll. She has been wanting her birthday last April. I picked her out when I was in NYC. I am not a mushy person, but I got teary when she opened the doll. She was so happy I thought she was going to cry! That was my favorite part of Christmas, watching my kids open their gifts, being so sweet & thankful for all they got. They are great kids, I love em! Maddie also got the cupcake maker, which isn't as big as mess as I thought it would be. Although it only makes 1 at a time, she thinks it's great. She also got a CD player for her room. She is really growing up on me! She'll be wanting an Ipod & cell phone next! I like the toys!
Allie didn't get up from her new table for a few hours, she had to open all her presents while sitting there, take care of her babies & have a tea party. The kids have really enjoyed each other, & even shared their toys .. it really was a Christmas miracle!
Christmas morning, Branden's family has a tradition of doing breakfast. We gathered at Brad & Lisa's & had a nice breakfast & exchanged gifts. We played some games, listened to Tayler play his guitar & sing some Christmas songs. I love all the family together time. Christmas seems to go so fast, but it is so fun to be together, everyone is happy & loving & laughing...
Of course there has to be a few melt downs! Allie had a few moments, but hey don't you wish you could just throw a good fit once in awhile?
Maddie & Alyssa playing with the new presents.
So there was a complete blizzard on Christmas day! We had gone back to my mom's house to exchange gifts & hang out & it snowed, and snowed & snowed. The wind was blowing too, so there were drifts & the entire house was covered. It was so pretty outside. I told Wiley (Whit's boyfriend) to go jump in the snow... and he did! I wasn't serious, but he is just a kid. There were drifts over 3 feet deep. Needless so say it was a treacherous ride back to Richmond.
Branden spent the whole next day scraping our entire neighborhood... there was alot of snow! It was so pretty, the kids had a ball. It wasn't the right snow for making a snowman, but they didn't care...
Eli, Maddie & Allie climbing the "mountains" dad made with the tractor.
Allie, Maddie, Eli & Austin our neighbor boy, they had a blast outside.
Our little Belle, she is such a funny dog. She loves the snow, she just buries herself in it. She was excited as the kids were...
Merry Christmas! I hope you all had a safe & enjoyable holiday.
It looks like Christmas was fun for you and your family. I love to watch my kids open their presents too. I think it's so fun to watch their little faces light up. Happy New Year.
Your family is so cute. You took some great pics. I remember getting a dolly and table and chairs for Christmas and then getting the same for my kids and now this year was the first Christmas with no dollies :( :( Just all the big kid stuff. Happy New Year to you and your Family.
What a darling family! Looks like you had a great Christmas! I laughed until I almost peed my pants over your reasons why you didn't send out cards! So funny! And can you believe that snow? We were there over the holidays, and the roads to Newton were like snowmobiling in a car! Hope you and your family had a Very Merry Christmas!
3 comments:
It looks like Christmas was fun for you and your family. I love to watch my kids open their presents too. I think it's so fun to watch their little faces light up. Happy New Year.
Your family is so cute. You took some great pics. I remember getting a dolly and table and chairs for Christmas and then getting the same for my kids and now this year was the first Christmas with no dollies :( :( Just all the big kid stuff. Happy New Year to you and your Family.
What a darling family! Looks like you had a great Christmas! I laughed until I almost peed my pants over your reasons why you didn't send out cards! So funny! And can you believe that snow? We were there over the holidays, and the roads to Newton were like snowmobiling in a car! Hope you and your family had a Very Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment