CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Day I Thought Would Never Come!!







I honestly thought this day would never come! ELI POOPED ON THE POTTY! I have been begging, pleading, bribing, and promising everything & anything if he would just poop in the potty. For the last 2 months, I have been cleaning poopy underwear about every other day, except for the traumatizing occasion when the babysitter was there. I really thought I'd be sending my kid to pre-school in pull-ups.






Apparently he just wasn't ready....today, out of the blue Eli told me he needed to go poop in the potty....after I recovered from shock, we ran in the bathroom, & voila...poop in the potty, like it was what happens every time. Of course we cheered & hoorayed for awhile, then called Daddy, & Grandma, who of course were also very proud....






Now he is telling me all the things he has been promised, a new motorcycle, new cars, new tractors, ect, ect... I will be in trouble if he remembers everything! We were so happy, I had to share, maybe someone out there can sympathize with me & the never ending poopy underwear saga.

3 comments:

Justiel said...

i can relate. Hudson has just started pooping in the potty also. She has been great with #1 for a long time but scared for #2. i'm in the same boat in regards to the rewards. I have promised everything under the sun and she is starting to request. These kids don't forget a thing.

Heidi said...

I had the same exact problem with Tyler. It lasted 11 months though. It was awful! It took a pair of real binoculars to get him to do it. That was after 8 million other things. He didn't go to preschool because we had this problem. So he will go next year for only one year instead of two. I am so sorry you had to encounter that situation. But I sure can empathize with you.

tracy said...

Good job Eli!! He's so cute! I'm so looking forward to that day with Thayne!