CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A Day at Hogle Zoo

We have been talking about taking the kids to the zoo with my sister Val & her daughter, Ella for awhile... we finally went this past Saturday, Branden stayed home to work on some projects, so I went down to SLC to Val's house & met Heather. We took Maddie, Eli, Allie & Ella to the zoo. They had a good time, the weather was nice. The kids loved playing with their cousins, and Ella loves hanging out with them too. It's nice having family living in SLC, it's hard taking a bunch of kids to eat, so we just ordered them pizza & they played at Val's for awhile.

I hope my kids remember some of the things we do. I have alot of wonderful memories of fun things my family did when I was young. I loved Hogle Zoo, and I remember so many other things. It is so important to create good memories with the kids. As a parent it is hard! I feel like I yell alot, and get very stressed out. I just hope that beyond all the whining, crying, moaning & groaning, there will be a memory that is good & fun. It may take a few years, but hopefully they & I can cherish these moments. Don't get me wrong, I totally enjoy my kids, they are truly the light of my life and I can't imagine a moment without them (but a small moment now & then would be nice!)




























4 comments:

JACKIE FLAHERTY said...

JEN- I WANTED TO TAKE MY KIDS TO THE ZOO ALSO BUT, I NEVER MADE IT DOWN THERE. IT LOOKS LIKE THEY HAD A LOT OF FUN. YOUR KIDS PICTURES ARE DARLING. LETS GET TOGETHER! WHAT DAYS ARE GOOD FOR YOU? I THINK CALLIE & I ARE OPEN TO ANY DAY. LET ME KNOW.

tracy said...

hey Jen, I loved going to Hogle Zoo when I was a kid....it is a great memory! i go crazy at moments with one kid, so I don't know how you do it! We still need to go for a walk, while the weather is still good!

Jessica said...

Jen
I am so glad you found my blog! It will be so nice to keep in touch. Your kids are so cute! I hope everything is good and I am excited to touch base more.My dad said he ran into you and said your kids were the cutest things he had ever seen.

Heidi said...

Ditto! I feel the exact way about my kids.