CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I LOVE NEW YORK!

Ann, Mom, Heather & I at Columbus Circle
Heather & I


Outside a yummy dessert shop in Soho

Heather & I at the theatre for Legally Blonde




View from the top of Rockefellar looking at Central Park & the Brooklyn Bridge



Me, Mom & Heather at Rockefellar Center





We went to church! This is a Cathedral ( I can't remember the name!?)






Heather & I at Regis & Kelly







Mom, me, Ann & Heather on Wall Street outide of the Stock Exchange & the Trinity Chapel in the background, which is right by Ground Zero








I got back from my trip to NYC... it was fabulous, I loved it, it went way too fast, and I want to go again next year! Originally we planned a trip for about 12 girls, friends, family, co-workers, but in the end for various reasons it dwindled to 4 of us, which worked perfectly. It was myself, my sister, Heather, my mom, and my mother-in-law, Ann. We had such a great time, the weather was cool, but not too bad, it never rained, we got to do everything we really wanted to do and we came home completely exhausted. We left last Thursday morning, and we flew back Monday night. We stayed right in Midtown so we were right in the heart of the city, our hotel was right near the Waldorf Astoria, we were about 2 blocks from 5th Avenue.









We were able to see 2 shows, we saw The Little Mermaid and Legally Blonde. Both were incredible, they were fun & up-beat & the music was awesome. We went to China town & brought home all sorts of black market "knock-offs", purses, bracelets, purses, scarfs, purses, perfume, purses & more purses. We were all on the hunt for the perfect purse, I think we all ended up finding 1 or 2. While we were down there Heather & I found a cute spa & had a pedicure (our feet were feeling all the walking!) Heather & I had requested tickets to several shows, but only got 2 tickets to Regis & Kelly, so we went to that, which was alot of fun. Howie Mandell was co-hosting with Kelly, the audience was small so we were able to see everything really well.









I had never been to the top of the Empire State building, so Ann & I went to the top of Rockefellar Center while Heather & my mom shopped (they had done it just last year). The view was awesome, the weather was clear enough to see really well. It is so hard to describe the size if that city, that view is so great, I would highly recommend doing that. Also, the line was so short, which was a plus, because we had a lot planned, so it only took about 1 1/2 hours to do.









We took a pedi-cab around Central Park, these 2 guys pulled us around the park on bikes & told us who lived in all the penthouses overlooking the park, which was really interesting, there is alot of history in that park, it was so nice & relaxing for change from going, going, going.









I had such a great time, I was so glad to get to go with my sister, who is like my best friend, and my mom, who is so much fun to hang out with. I totally enjoyed spending time with Ann, we all decided to plan another trip in another city in a couple years. I think I will wait awhile before I break the news to Branden. He did really good with the kids, but I'm sure he won't want to do it again for a while!










5 comments:

Jessica said...

Jen
Your trip looks great. I have always wanted to go to New York.
My friend told me about a blog at mykitchencafe.blogspot.com this blog has over 60 links to other food blogs. I went through the blogs she has links to and found a few that are the same things I like to cook. I have found so many new, great recipes hope you do too-jess

JACKIE FLAHERTY said...

I am glad you had fun on your trip. No fair that you got to see Regis & Kelly. Where you there when a lady in the audience got sick and had to leave? I watched that episode with Howie as the co-host!! We still need to plan a night to get together!!

tracy said...

You and your fam look like you are stylen New Yorkers!! You guys are too cute! It look like a fun time. I'm sad you got a new calling.....no more activities commity!! Ya we need to go for a walk....I haven't done anything for months!

Crowthers said...

Jen

You trip looked like so much fun. You got to see some neat things. You all look so great!!!

Heidi said...

What a fun trip. I plan to do stuff like that when my kids are a bit older. Or I should just say when I know my baby will sleep through the night and I am not worrying about him too much.